Canvas for Students
In Spring 2022 Providence College is taking steps to move from the Sakai learning management system to Canvas.
If you have been contacted that your course is part of the Phase 1 rollout of Canvas, you may wish to review some of the information found below:
To access Canvas:
- Go to https://providence.instructure.com/
- Log in with your Network ID and password (same as Sakai or Outlook)
- If you need your password reset, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are already logged into Microsoft Outlook, your credentials should ‘pass through’ to Canvas.
- Course sites, including add/drop, will be managed by Banner’s enrollment system.
- Please keep in mind not all course content has been published by faculty, so you might not see your course sites or content immediately.
Training: Canvas offers a great library of training and informational resources for students:
- Video collection Getting Started with Canvas as a Student: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Contingency-Resources/Getting-Started-with-Canvas-as-a-Student/ba-p/256768
- For more information about the college’s transition to Canvas, please visit https://itdp.providence.edu/transition-to-canvas/
For questions, please contact CanvasHelp@Providence.edu.