The Office of Teaching and Learning Technologies
The Office of Teaching and Learning Technologies will be hosting a handful of Canvas specific drop-in hours. These are open hours that any faculty members can stop-by and ask questions concerning canvas and even build their courses. In addition, we will be offering virtual training sessions for Gradescope and TopHat.
Drop-Ins and Training
10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Top Hat
We’ve rounded up a showcase of 10 of our most powerful features. See Top Hat in action and learn how some of our capabilities can increase your impact in preparing lectures and assessing and grading your students. See January 11th webinar video recording here.
If you are new to Top Hat and looking for foundational skills, please see the asynchronous webinar, “Introduction to Top Hat”.
Online Learning Consortium Workshop
The OLC offers a variety of excellent workshop opportunities on topics such as: podcasting, teaching with YouTube, creating interactive videos, accessibility, engaging online learners, gamification, and much more! Thanks to our institutional membership, up to 10 faculty members can register for any workshop free of charge. To see the OLC Institutional Membership Quick Reference Guides, click here. To see the schedule of offerings, click here.
The CTE has recently subscribed to the OneHE online learning platform. This platform was offered to faculty during spring 2023 to provide high-quality resources to improve and enhance their teaching.
The online platform is created specifically for educators in higher education:
- Microlearning courses for faculty (20–30-minute presentations from experts in pedagogy)
- Resources for faculty (Learning activities, student engagement, and student support)
- Webinars with faculty from around the world; including a dedicated space for educators who are looking to explore Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education and how it can be useful in teaching
- Providence College is thrilled to partner with OneHE and give you access to this valuable
platform. As part of our partnership, we have a private community space where we can
connect, share our learning, and recommend content to each other.
Create an account using your Providence College email address using the following link: https://onehe.org/register/providence-college/.
See our Transition to Canvas page for helpful training resources and support links:
- Training resources: Faculty Training Resources
- Download the Canvas Teacher App https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/What-is-the-Canvas-Teacher-app/ta-p/69
- Don’t forget we have Tier 1 Customer Support! Our faculty and students can contact Canvas chat or phone support 24/7 via the Help icon in Canvas. This a great resource if you have specific questions about Canvas tools.