The Office of Teaching and Learning Technologies
TLT 2023 Summer Institute: Best Practices in Canvas
Tuesday, May 23 – Thursday, May 25
For the full agenda, registration, workshop descriptions, locations, and times visit: https://canvas.providence.edu/courses/5580/pages/agenda-and-registration.
Please register by Friday, May 19th.
Tuesday, May 23: Canvas Basics and Vendor Partners
Ryan School of Business, Room 205
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Canvas Basics and Getting Started with the Office of Teaching and Learning Technologies
Register for Canvas Basics and Getting Started with TLT (In person)
- TurnItIn: Faculty Training on TFS (TurnItIn Feedback Studio) in Canvas
Register for TurnItIn (Virtual Webinar)
- LinkedIn Learning: Create Assignments in Canvas and More
Register for LinkedIn (Virtual Webinar)
Wednesday, May 24: Day 1 with Woody Roper (8:30-4:30)
- Accessibility Best Practices in Canvas
- Universal Design for Learning Best Practices in Canvas
- Overall tips for Course Design and Using a Course Template
- Microsoft Integration in Canvas
Register for Wednesday, May 24: Day 1 with Woody Roper, Canvas Principal Learning Specialist.
Thursday, May 25: Day 2 with Woody Roper (8:30-4:30)
- Building Media Assignments and Quizzes in Canvas Studio
- Going Paperless: Online Submission Types and Annotation
- Teaching and Student Mobile App Showcase
- Canvas Content Migration and Sharing
Register for Thursday, May 25: Day 2 with Woody Roper, Canvas Principal Learning Specialist.
The Office of Teaching and Learning Technologies will be hosting a handful of Canvas specific drop-in hours. These are open hours that any faculty members can stop-by and ask questions concerning canvas and even build their courses. In addition, we will be offering virtual training sessions for Gradescope and TopHat.
Need some guidance migrating, archiving or moving Sakai Project Sites? Colleagues at TLT and IT can help. Drop in during the times below for a consultation.
Updated Drop-in available times coming soon.
10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with Top Hat
We’ve rounded up a showcase of 10 of our most powerful features. See Top Hat in action and learn how some of our capabilities can increase your impact in preparing lectures and assessing and grading your students. See January 11th webinar video recording here.
If you are new to Top Hat and looking for foundational skills, please see the asynchronous webinar, “Introduction to Top Hat”.
Online Learning Consortium Workshops
The OLC offers a variety of excellent workshop opportunities on topics such as: podcasting, teaching with YouTube, creating interactive videos, accessibility, engaging online learners, gamification, and much more! Thanks to our institutional membership, up to 10 faculty members can register for any workshop free of charge. To see the OLC Institutional Membership Quick Reference Guides, click here. To see the schedule of offerings, click here.
Blend by Design
Blend by Design is a comprehensive self‐paced online course about creating and teaching a blended/hybrid course (combination of face‐to‐face and online classes). Click here for more information.
See our Transition to Canvas page for helpful training resources and support links:
- Training resources: Faculty Training Resources
- Download the Canvas Teacher App https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/What-is-the-Canvas-Teacher-app/ta-p/69
- Don’t forget we have Tier 1 Customer Support! Our faculty and students can contact Canvas chat or phone support 24/7 via the Help icon in Canvas. This a great resource if you have specific questions about Canvas tools.